Controlling this one hormone can dramatically improve weight loss
Estrogen is a hormone best known for it’s ability to develop and maintain female characteristics in the human body. However, it is also connected to mood, sleep and maintaining bone health when at appropriate levels.
But, it can be deadly when out of balance. Unfortunately, leading to breast, ovarian and endometrial cancers.
Did you know estrogen plays a role in both weight loss resistance and weight regain after weight loss surgery?
When estrogen is in excess you can start experiencing a combination of symptoms with weight gain like:
- Belly Fat/Midsection Fat
- Bigger hips, thighs and butt
- Erratic mood
- Memory problems
- Hair loss
- Decreased Sex drive
- Breast tenderness
- Sleep disturbances
- Fluid retention
- Weight gain
- Fibroids, PCOS, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, breast, ovarian & endometrial cancer
Certain foods increase estrogen
Some foods have the ability to increase estrogen like:
- Soy milk
- Soy protein isolate(don’t forget to look at other packaged foods for this ingredient)
- rBGH(recombinant bovine growth hormone) in conventional dairy
- Excess sugar & processed foods
- Xenoestrogens(plastic water bottles & food containers)
Some foods can increase estrogen detoxification and rebalance estrogen
- Indole-3-carbonole(I3C) in cruciferous sulfur-containing veggies have cancer fighting compounds and have the ability to support detoxification and excretion of estrogen.
Foods like: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels spouts and kale
- Foods rich in Insoluble and Soluble fiber can help your body get rid of estrogen, as well as block the absorption of estrogen-based compounds.
Foods like: chia & flax seed, pumpkin, apples, asparagus, raspberries, almonds
“Study found that blocking of external estrogen absorption can play a significant role in cancer prevention and women who consume 30 grams of fiber daily have a 32% reduction in cancer risk”
3. Zinc plays a role in detoxing estrogen and blocking estrogen expression, so increasing foods like: pumpkin seeds, beef, and oysters will help balance estrogen levels to support weight loss.
Foods like: pumpkin seeds, beef, oysters
4. Di-indolemethoinine(DIM-2 I3C) is more potent than I3C at reducing estrogen dominance. DIM should be considered first line therapy for hormone imbalances that lead to negative conditions such as:
- Fibroid tumors
- Menopausal symptoms
- Weight problems
“Research shows that DIM improves weight loss resistance due to hormonal imbalances”
If you are interested in balancing your estrogen to help you lose more weight, you need to join our 30-Day Back On Track Class
Our 30 Day Back on Track Class will help you get off of the junk food and boost your cancer-fighting fiber & cruciferous vegetables. The online training covers what type of exercise improves mitochondrial function influencing how quickly you burn oxygen and calories combined with the power of sleep is sure to maximize success.
If you are battling regain or just looking to lose more weight. Join our private facebook group – The Gastric Health Club
Here’s what one of our members has to say….
I loved the recipes… easy and my husband loved them, as did I. I felt full and satisfied. I have not had a low blood sugar since following your 10 Day Back on Track Class Meal Plan and that was my goal.
Plus, the loss of 4 pounds was an added bonus. Looking back I realize I was not eating the right foods therefore I was having low blood sugars. I have a whole new way of thinking when it comes to eating thanks to the Gastric Health Club and to you Dawn! Thanks!!
Your future health awaits…
10:15 Learn what excess estrogen is and what drives it
12:00 Learn which foods increase estrogen
15:30 Learn about the common symptoms associated with excess estrogen
25:40 Learn what foods you can incorporate to your daily diet to reduce excess estrogen
27:25 Learn how fiber plays a role in removing excess estrogen
29:35 Learn about how studies have shown that cruciferous veggies and fiber decrease cancer risk
31:10 Learn how the mineral zinc helps block estrogen expression and detoxify estrogen
32:30 Learn about DIM a powerful compound that is helpful in weight loss resistance from hormone imbalances
Listen, Learn, Enjoy…
References & Links:
- 30 Day Back on Track Program
- Total body aromatization in post-menopausal breast cancer patients is strongly correlated to plasma leptin levels
- 15 ways to protect yourself from excess estrogen
- 9 causes of estrogen dominance and what to do about it
- The role of gut bacteria in fertility and estrogen dominance
- Hormones in dairy foods and their impact on public health-A narrative view article
- Intake of cruciferous vegetables is associated with reduced risk of ovarian cancer: a meta-analysis
- Cruciferous vegetable intake and risk of prostate cancer: a meta-analysis
- Usual cruciferous vegetable consumption and Ovarian cancer: A case control study
- Pilot study: Effect of 3, 3′-diindolemethane supplements on urinary hormone metabolites in post-menopausal women with a history of early-stage-breast cancer