You can lose more weight by simply decreasing inflammation
In this episode of the gastric health show, we share examples of weight loss surgery patients who struggle to lose more weight and the connection they share with inflammation.
When needing to reduce inflammation, the first step is to identify potential causes
When getting to the root-cause of why you are struggling to lose weight (perhaps even gaining weight), it starts by understanding your daily behaviors.
A food log / food journal is the most common tool used to accomplish this task. By taking less than 5 minutes each day to document what you eat, it helps identify the potential food groups causing inflammation.
With a little understanding, you can eliminate the root cause of inflammation and lose more weight
Once you have the insight to these various food groups potentially creating the inflammatory response. You can use simple elimination strategies to identify the root cause of inflammation.
Once you identify the root cause of inflammation and eliminate these specific foods, it helps jump start weight loss and get you back on track.
If you are battling regain or just looking to lose more weight. Join our private facebook group – The Gastric Health Club
If you are needing other WLS friendly recipes or simply looking for a supportive community. You need to join our private facebook group, the Gastric Health Club.
Here’s what one of our members has to say….
I loved the recipes… easy and my husband loved them, as did I. I felt full and satisfied. I have not had a low blood sugar since following your 10 Day Back on Track Class Meal Plan and that was my goal.
Plus, the loss of 4 pounds was an added bonus. Looking back I realize I was not eating the right foods therefore I was having low blood sugars. I have a whole new way of thinking when it comes to eating thanks to the Gastric Health Club and to you Dawn! Thanks!!
Your future health awaits…
12:00 Learn from patient examples of those who weren’t losing weight after WLS and what simple strategies to consider
15:10 Learn how looking at the root cause of inflammation and where to start first
17:15 Learn the connection of the foods consistently eaten that contribute to inflammation
19:45 Learn what symptoms and tests to check for causes of inflammation
25:10 Learn the go-to at home changes to make to attack inflammation
Listen, Learn, Enjoy…
References & Links:
- Bifidobacteria or Fiber protects against diet-induced microbiota-mediated colonic mucous deterioration
- Linking Gut Microbiota and inflammation to obesity and insulin resistance
- Bacterial Lipopolysaccharide, Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and other inflammatory markers in obesity after bariatric surgery
- Gut microbiota-derived lipopolysaccharide uptake and trafficking to adipose tissue: implications for information and obesity
- Bariatric surgery and long-term nutritional issues
- C-Reactive protein concentration predicts change in body mass index during childhood
- Changes in intestinal permeability after Roux-en-y gastric bypass
- Gastrointestinal symptoms and food intolerance 2 years after laparoscopic Roux-en-y gastric bypass for morbid obesity