In this episode of The Gastric Health Show, we discuss how probiotics positively impact your weight loss after gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgery. The good news for WLS patients is the surgery positively impacts your gut bacteria. And as science is just now discovering. These tiny microbes have a major influence on your weight and your overall health and well-being.
Unfortunately, the wrong lifestyle choices over time can easily reverse the positive impacts of both gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgery. We end with several key steps you can easily implement, including taking probiotics, to make sure your gut bacteria stay healthy no matter what life throws your way.
Your future health awaits…
1:20 Learn what all gastric bypass and gastric sleeve patients begin surgery with.
2:10 Learn the types of bacteria in both lean and obese people.
2:50 Learn what bacteria help you become a lean person.
3:40 Learn the 5 things that can change the ratio of bacteria back to what it was before surgery.
4:30 Learn what things improve and maintain the right ratio of bacteria for maintenance and optimal health.
9:00 Learn what supporters protect bacterial ratios when things are out of control
References & Links:
- “An obesity-associated gut micro biome with increased capacity for energy harvest”
- “Bacteroides: the Good, the Bad, and the Nitty-Gritty”
- “Weight-Loss Surgery Changes Gut Bacteria“
- Register for our weekly newsletter to learn more about gut health after WLS.
- Download our FREE WLS Gut Health Quick Start Guide.