Constipation…it’s all about digestion and the health of your gut
In this episode of the gastric health show, we discuss different strategies to address the common issue of constipation after gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgery.
Fluids, Fiber, Prebiotics & Probiotics help alleviate constipation
Everyone knows increasing fluids and eating fiber rich foods are the first line of defense in combating constipation. But, understanding which foods provide prebiotics can make a significant difference in long-term prevention of constipation.
Not all probiotics are equal
Not every strain of bacteria is capable of helping with constipation. To help you understand the differences, we discuss 4 different strains of bacteria that work together to correct and prevent constipation.
For quick relief try magnesium citrate and smooth move tea
It would be ideal if you could avoid constipation all together. Unfortunately, surgery plays havoc on your gut. When you need something fast, Magnesium citrate, Buffered Vitamin C & Smooth Move tea are your friends
If you are looking for answers to constipation and other important health issues after weight loss surgery. We encourage you to join our Gastric Health Club facebook community!!!
If you are looking for a supportive and active weight loss surgery community that rewards you for making healthy choices. You need to join our private facebook group, the Gastric Health Club. Here’s what one of our members has to say….
I loved the recipes… easy and my husband loved them, as did I. I felt full and satisfied. I have not had a low blood sugar since following your 10 Day Back on Track Class Meal Plan and that was my goal.
Plus, the loss of 4 pounds was an added bonus. Looking back I realize I was not eating the right foods therefore I was having low blood sugars. I have a whole new way of thinking when it comes to eating thanks to the Gastric Health Club and to you Dawn! Thanks!!
Your future health awaits…
8:45 Learn what simple food can be added to fluid that gets your colon moving
10:50 Learn what one thing you consume daily that can be transformed with one added ingredient that will get your gut moving
14:30 Learn which strains of bacteria are known to help with constipation
19:50 Learn what one ingredient is necessary in all quality probiotics that will promote growth of friendly bacteria to prevent constipation
21:30 Learn why digestive enzymes help with correcting constipation
24:00 Learn which mineral and vitamin can actually get your gut moving
26:20 Learn what beverage can be used daily to stimulate your colon and remedy constipation
Listen, Learn, Enjoy…
References & Links:
- Probiotic beverage containing Lactobacillus casei shiorta improves gastrointestinal symptoms in patients with chronic constipation
- Fermented milk containing Lactobacillus casei strain shiorta reduces the incidence of hard or lumpy stools in healthy population
- Probiotic Bifidobacterium species stimulate human SLC26A3 gene function and expression in intestinal epithelial cells
- Bifidobacteria and Butyrate-producing colon bacteria: Importance and strategies for their stimulation in the human gut
- The Evolution of Stomach Acidity and Its Relevance to the Human Microbiome
- Effect of probiotics on postoperative quality of gastric bypass surgeries: A prospective randomized trial