Is yogurt a match made in heaven for weight loss surgery patients?
On the surface, yogurts appear to be the perfect food for weight loss surgery patients.
- The texture is amazing
- The volume per serving is just right
- They taste great
- Perhaps, most importantly they are “healthy” for you. Right? .
Look again – store bought yogurts may be the unhealthiest of all health foods
Unfortunately, the romance with store bought yogurt quickly comes to an end when you read the food label.
You will see ingredients such as…
- Carmine (For Color)
- Cultured Grade A Low Fat Milk
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Natural and Artificial Flavors
All ingredients weight loss surgery patients need to avoid as they have been proven to…
- Disrupt gut health
- Cause allergic reactions
- Suppress your immune system
- Cause premature weight loss stalls
- Create the environment for inflammatory reactions
To safely purchase store bought yogurt.
- You literally have to read the entire ingredient panel of every single flavor.
- And, you have had to acquire considerable understanding of each ingredient.
Talk about a serious waste of time!
Coconut-milk yogurt is low carb and has no sugar or artificial sweeteners
This Coconut-Milk yogurt is drastically different than store bought yogurts.
- It consists of only two ingredients
- It is low in carbohydrates.
- It is rich in healthy fats
- It is a tasty option anytime of day especially for on the go breakfasts or snack time.
Coconut-milk yogurt and weight loss surgery – a match made in heaven? – you decide
In this recipe…Minimal all-natural ingredients, healthy fats and great taste are the star.
- Coconut milk provides the best source of Lauric Acid – A protective type of fat that can help improve cholesterol and heart health(1).
- Coconut milk is a medium-chain triglyceride or MCT for short – An ingredient that has been shown to decrease adipose tissue (a certain type of belly fat) and potentially stimulate weight loss(2).
Plus, the best part….this recipe tastes absolutely amazing and is simple to make.
Simple and Delicious Coconut-Milk Yogurt
2 cans full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
BLEND AND ENJOY!
Empty both cans coconut milk into a blender. Pull-apart and empty 2 capsules of the GastricHealth WLS Formulated Probiotics into the blender.
Transfer to a 1-quart glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store somewhere warm in your house(I chose my laundry room). After 24-48 hours it should smell like yogurt.
If it is still to runny let it continue until 72 hours has been reached and it should be thick and tangy. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just add your favorite mix-ins: berries, nuts, raw honey, chia or flax seeds
For More Recipe Ideas, Join Our Private Facebook Group
If you are needing other WLS friendly recipes or simply looking for a supportive community. You need to join our private facebook group, the Gastric Health Club.
Here’s what one of our members has to say….
I loved the recipes… easy and my husband loved them, as did I. I felt full and satisfied. I have not had a low blood sugar since following your 10 Day Back on Track Class Meal Plan and that was my goal.
Plus, the loss of 4 pounds was an added bonus. Looking back I realize I was not eating the right foods therefore I was having low blood sugars. I have a whole new way of thinking when it comes to eating thanks to the Gastric Health Club and to you Dawn! Thanks!!