This Stay at Home order has freed up one of the most sought after things in life…TIME!
Three months ago we were busy enjoying clubs, sports, practices, music, tutoring, church and anything else we believed necessary. We didn’t have time to cook meals at home, squeeze in that workout or have downtime to restore our mental health. Don’t get me wrong, being involved is vitally important to all human beings. It was just too easy to commit beyond healthy boundaries.
We received our Stay At Home order! Although stressful, most are settling into working from home and managing eLearning for children. However, those who became unemployed are balancing many unknowns, but essentially have been given the largest gift of time.
Overall it’s about perspective…choose to find the silver lining.
Each person’s pandemic experience will be different. The trauma will be felt by all. Most importantly, look for the good.
The greatest gift that you can give to others and to yourself is time. Embrace the gift of time whether you give it or receive it.Phillip Zimbardo
There’s been no time in history where deadlines and due dates were forgiven or delayed, money was given with no strings attached, and generosity from those that could. Among all of the bad right now there is still so much good! Don’t let this opportunity slip by to experience it.
This gift of time can help you avoid regain
First off, you have time to cook!
- Try one new recipe weekly to build up your list. Check out some of our recipes here for inspiration.
- Make a meal plan and grocery list. If you feel lost check out our 10 Day & 30 Day Challenges to take all the guess work out of planning.
- Try new fruits and veggies to expand your palette
Secondly, you have time to care for your mental health
- Journal (check out this Free online journal Penzu)
- Take an epsom salt bath
- Color in adult coloring books
- FaceTime, Zoom or call friends and family
- Enjoy quiet time
- Read a good book
- Start a gratitude journal
Thirdly, you have time to move your body
- Hike in a local park
- Dig in the garden
- Walk & bike your neighborhood
- Have a dance party in your living room
- Try yoga or pilates
- Do a workout DVD or stream it!
Lastly, you have time to dream
- What is your why?
- What motivates you?
- Identify your health goals
- Make a bucket list
- Plan out a reward vacation
In conclusion, the overwhelming stress we have all felt during this pandemic can be turned into a positive. Avoiding unwanted pounds takes focused effort on our mindset, food, activity and mental wellbeing. We all get to choose if we will enjoy the gift of time that has made it all possible.