In this episode of the gastric health show, we discuss four “Secrets” that contribute to weight regain after weight loss surgery.
Weight regain and inflammation…the undeniable connection
It has been known for quite some time that chronic low-grade inflammation is connected to obesity, as well as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
Unfortunately, inflammatory symptoms are just thought of as “I’m getting older”, but in reality it is evidence that something at a deeper level is transpiring. Understanding these four “Secret” causes of inflammation is key to preventing weight gain.
Infections and toxins are two little known causes of weight regain
If antibiotics are needed 3-4 times a year to fight reoccurring infections then your body is fighting inflammation and could be the causing weight regain. Then throw on the constant exposure from mold and environmental toxins and our detoxifying organs(liver and kidneys) cannot keep up.
“The average newborn has 287 chemicals in her umbilical cord, 217 of which are neurotoxic(poisonous to nerve or nerve cells).”(9)
Food sensitivities and leaky gut cause weight regain
Weight loss surgery has been identified as a cause of leaky gut making food sensitivities a common problem. Unfortunately, a side effect to food sensitivities is weight gain making this a likely contributor of packing on the pounds post surgery.
“Food intolerance is a common side effect after roux-en-y gastric bypass independent of degree of weight loss or the presence of other abdominal symptoms”(11)
If you are struggling with weight regain, start 2018 off right by joining our Back On Track Challenge
Our challenge is free, but it is only offered to members of our private facebook community (The Gastric Health Club).
Make 2018 the year you get “Back On Track” by joining our private facebook community the Gastric Health Club!!!
The Gastric Health Club is a supportive and active weight loss surgery community that rewards you for making healthy choices.
Here’s what one of our members has to say….
I loved the recipes… easy and my husband loved them, as did I. I felt full and satisfied. I have not had a low blood sugar since following your 10 Day Back on Track Class Meal Plan and that was my goal.
Plus, the loss of 4 pounds was an added bonus. Looking back I realize I was not eating the right foods therefore I was having low blood sugars. I have a whole new way of thinking when it comes to eating thanks to the Gastric Health Club and to you Dawn! Thanks!!
Your future health awaits…
6:00 Learn the connection between inflammation and weight regain & 4 causes of inflammation
10:45 Learn how chronic infections are connected to low-grade inflammation that lead to weight gain
15:15 Learn how mold toxins can make you pack on the pounds or cause weight loss resistance
20:00 Learn about the EWG.org’s Clean 15 and Dirty Dozen lists
27:00 Learn how food sensitivities are connected to weight gain and lead to a leaky gut
31:00 Learn how to calm the inflammation with food and supplements
31:55 Learn how to support the liver and kidneys, your detoxifying organs to do their jobs
Listen, Learn, Enjoy…
References & Links:
- Is the diabetes epidemic primarily due to toxins?
- Polycystic ovary syndrome and environmental toxins
- Linking Gut Microbiota and inflammation to obesity and insulin resistance
- Bacterial Lipopolysaccharide, Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and other inflammatory markers in obesity after bariatric surgery
- Gut microbiota-derived lipopolysaccharide uptake and trafficking to adipose tissue: implications for information and obesity
- Bariatric surgery and long-term nutritional issues
- C-Reactive protein concentration predicts change in body mass index during childhood
- Centers for disease control and preventions national report on human exposure to environmental chemicals
- Body burden: The pollution in newborns
- Changes in intestinal permeability after Roux-en-y gastric bypass
- Gastrointestinal symptoms and food intolerance 2 years after laparoscopic Roux-en-y gastric bypass for morbid obesity