In this episode of The Gastric Health Show, you get an understanding of 3 ways intestinal bacteria Hi-Jack cravings through gut diversity, taste receptors and the vagus nerve. All from the study: “Is eating behavior manipulated by the gastrointestinal microbiota?”
Your future health awaits…
2:10 What do gut bacteria actually do.
3:40 Learn how gut bacteria communicate to your brain.
6:00 Learn about probiotics and their importance.
7:49 Learn about everyday life exposures that impact gut diversity.
10:12 Learn about the most common bacteria in the gut and some really cool specialist microbes that are unique to your environment.
11:53 Learn how gut bacteria alter your taste receptors making you more driven to eat certain types of food.
12:35 How WLS has been proven to alter taste receptors.
14:00 The connection between certain strains of bacteria with anxiety and depression.
15:25 How to change these roadblocks in 3 simple strategies.Listen, Learn, Enjoy…
References & Links:
- “Is eating behavior manipulated by the gastrointestinal microbiota?”
- “Weight Loss Surgery: A gut-wrenching question”
- “Environmental and Gut Bacteroidetes: The Food Connection”
- “Defining the Human Microbiome”
- “Weight loss surgery changes gut bacteria”
- Register for our weekly newsletter to learn more about gut health after WLS.
- Download our FREE WLS Gut Health Quick Start Guide.